There are plenty of sources for royalty free stock photos on line—Photos.com, Artzooks and Dreamstime to name but a few.
However, most charge a subscription or per photo fee to use images for your particular project.
Not so with a collection of sites hunted down by Romanian blogger and entrepreneur Cristian Dorobantescue who has located these 7 sources for free photos on line:
1. Freephotobank.com offers its photo collection:
… for personal or commercial purposes. Any magazine, newspaper or other publication, product, design element or promotional material they appear in may be sold or distributed in an unlimited number without any implications.
2. Stock.xchng is a community of photographers and designers who share their images online and for use with some stipulations
3. The morgueFile, maintained by brothers Kevin and Michael Connors, is a site designed around the concept of a newspaper’s inactive files where artists from around the web may contribute images free for use by others.
4. Image*after is an online photo archive offering images and textures free for use for both personal and commercial use billing itself as “the raw base for your creativity.”
5. Openphoto is another user driven site requiring registration and boasting 3,430 images and 9,038 users
6. Pixel Perfect Digital offers a free stock photo library, photography news and links and an on line camera store
7. Finally, bigphoto.com offers a searchable library of photos from around the world by amateur photographers often while on holiday but also includes some photos arranged by theme and miscellaneous images.
All offer images of good quality as I have tried to show by using a selection from each in numerous recent posts.
Some sites, like Freephotobank.com and the morgueFile offer the best results by first down loading an image in zip file form and opening it either on your desktop or in a photo file.
Photo credit: DHester, Pixel Perfect Digital
Ads by AuctionAds
Stock Photos Paintings Web Design